Inspired by Kate’s post, In the Past Year, I…
- Saw, for the first time in my life, the person I voted to become President actually become president, capping what was for me an utterly unprecedented level of activity and involvement in the campaign process. I cried like a little girl.
- Celebrated my first wedding anniversary.
- Actually enjoyed a Ren faire for the first time, thanks to seeing it through the eyes of my wife and my daughter, rather than my own.
- Killed a Balrog, and bought a lifetime subscription to a computer game.
- Painted the house, and built a pretty cool shelf unit out of an old kitchen table.
- Started and maintained a regular face-to-face gaming schedule. (Biweekly, on Wednesdays, one full year as of January 14th!)
- Made some new friends out of old acquaintances.
- Finished publisher-requested revisions on Hidden Things; this time adding over 75 pages to the manuscript.
- Figured out, for the eighth time or so, what I liked about blogging, and why I wanted to keep doing it.
- Figured out, for the seventh time or so, what to write about.
- Wrote a series of posts of which I’m really terribly proud.
- Started podcasting.
- Kept my day job (and actually got a nice bonus).
- Made my wife laugh when she wasn’t expecting to.
In 2010, I want to:
- Learn CPR
- Bake a birthday cake for someone
- Learn how to sharpen a knife better
- Read fiction every day
- Write every day (either fiction or a blog post, at least, but preferably both)
- Learn how to mix a vodka gimlet well enough to please my personal preferences
- Make a meal for company
- Travel light
- Be a better listener
- Find the light at the end of the tunnel with Hidden Things (or, failing that, create my own light)
Bonus: Finish, and finish podcasting, Adrift.
How about you?
4 Replies to “Forward and Back”
Pleased to know you in both old and new year, sir.
Keep on keepin’ on.
.-= Chuck´s last blog ..The Time Traveling Cook: Ribs Burgundy =-.
Likewise. May I say I’m really glad to have ‘met’ you in 2009. Here’s to many more. Cheers.
jim can help you to sharpen a knife. we can trade vodka gimlets when next we see each other. [mine is mean and only slightly green.] where is the big sporting event [participating, not watching] on this list?
lovely lovely to see all three of you on a snowy day.
.-= yi shun´s last blog ..Gwen Bell’s Best of 2009: Startup =-.
Another triathlon goes on the “I will” list a little more readily than the “I want to” list. :)
As for the other suggestions: yes!
Comments are closed.