What I did today:
- Football game: Justin’s team won the league. Division finals are next week.
- 3.5 at the gym, mixed.
- School of Rock with Justin while Jackie was planning a trip to Paris with some friends from work.
- Jack Black is tons of fun, and the band member kids were tremendously talented. We both enjoyed it a lot.
- Kill Bill, vol. 1 with Jackie.
- Take every samurai film ever made, every high-pressure blood-spray anime, most of the ’60’s movies involving a gun and a soundtrack with trumpets in it.
- Compress the whole thing under high pressure in Taratino’s head for eight years.
- Kill Bill is what then comes out of his body when you cut him — a spray of viscera and brillance that hits you in the face like a fire hose. It’s not even a story — it’s a vector through which Tarantino can just be Tarantino. Mind-blowing.
- Got home and read Randy’s shorter summation: “Excellent. Not for kids.”
One Reply to “The day in Movies”
It sounds like Kill Bill’s pretty good…god I hope it’s better than the awful trailer suggests. I was planning to give it a miss based on the trailer, but after hearing everyone rave about it I might just see it after all.
Comments are closed.