I don’t even know what this list is about, exactly. Or the one that Joss did before that (referring to Mary McDonnell as President Stands-With-A-Fist made me shout a laugh). I think it’s your favorite TV Show characters, or something.
Whatever. It’s a list. I like making such things in my head, so…
… I mean, this is my head isn’t it? This is where I keep all the stuff I want to remember so… yeah, this is my head, and welcome to it. These are the folks that make me scootch a little further down into the couch when they show up on the screen, thinking “oh cool, they’re in this one.”
- Malcolm Reynolds, played by Nathan Fillion, on Firefly. My kind of hero — period.
- Willow, on Buffy. SMG never really did much for me in any category, but Ms. Hannigan? Sure. Yes, please, in fact.
- The defiantly bald, bear-aggressive Daniel Benzali as Teddy on Murder One. He made that show.
- James Callis as Doctor Gaius Baltar in Battlestar Gallactica, but in a steel-cage deathmatch between him and Donnelly Rhodesas, my money is totally on the chain-smoking Dr. Cottle — he rocks.
- Christian Kane, as Lindsey, on Angel.
- Gir, on Invader Zim. How do you know if a Zim episode was going to be good? If it had a lot of Gir in it. Period. And no, I don’t care that he’s not a real person.
- Brad Dourif as anyone or anything, but mostly (on TV) the doctor on Deadwood, and really the possessed guy in Exorcist III.
- Michael Rosenbaum as Smallville‘s Lex Luthor. Caveat: I only watched the first season or two, but based on that, he’s awesome. Damn fun in Sorority Boys, too. I heard he’s playing Tanis Half-elven in the new Dragonlance thing, too, which makes it marginally less potentially suck-tastic.
- Adam Baldwin, the hardest working guy in showbiz, as Jayne on Firefly, but not really as Jayne in Serenity. I know, wacky, right?
- Carla Gugino on (and as) Karen Sisco… or Spin City… or Sin City. She’s got that thing, y’know?
- Sue me: I really liked George Clooney on E.R.
- Yeah… David Addison on Moonlighting. Like him? I wanted to be him.
- Caroline Dhavernas as Jaye Tyler on Wonderfalls. She has a great smirk.
- V’s dad on Veronica Mars. He’s awesome. More and more, I bond with the concept of that guy.
- Ian McShane as Al Swearengen on Deadwood
How many is that? It’s supposed to be 25, but I’m pretty sure it’s not. Ah well, it’s my list, so there. :)
Also, despite the numbering, these really aren’t in any kind of order of importance.